Supporting the lifelong learning process as an essential process of acquiring the qualifications and professional development of each individual, the project Sustainable EnErgy Skills in construction: Visible, Validated, Valuable – SEEtheSkills – once again pioneers in promoting global and European trends and announces
Call for application of candidates for validation of non-formal and informal learning through recognition of previous knowledge and skills
- Subject of the call
The subject of the call is application of candidates who possess knowledge and skills acquired through informal training and / or work experience in construction companies. The call applies to the following occupations in the construction sector:
- DESIGNER OF PV
- INSTALLER OF PV
- DESIGNER OF WINDOW/DOOR SYSTEMS (CARPENTER)
- INSTALLER OF WINDOW/DOOR SYSTEMS (CARPENTER)
- DESIGNER OF HEAT PUMP SYSTEM
- INSTALLER OF HEAT PUMP SYSTEM
- DESIGNER OF SOLAR THERMAL SYSTEMS
- INSTALLER OF SOLAR THERMAL SYSTEMS
- ENGINEER SPECIALIZED IN THERMAL INSULATION OF BUILDING ENVELOPE
- INSTALLER OF THERMAL INSULATION OF BUILDING ENVELOPE
- ENGINEER FOR DESIGN OF ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS FOR ENERGY EFFICIENT LIGHTING
- INSTALLER OF ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS FOR ENERGY EFFICIENT LIGHTING
- ENGINEER FOR DESIGN OF HVAC SYSTEMS
- INSTALLER OF HVAC SYSTEMS
- ENGINEER SPECIALISED FOR ENERGY AUDIT AND ENERGY PERFORMANCE OF BUILDINGS
- OPERATOR OF BIM SYSTEMS
- One candidate may apply for recognition of knowledge and skills for one or more of the above occupations with clear indication in the application.
- The SEEtheSkills Project Certification Board decides on issuing a Certificate for competencies for the relevant occupation.
- Candidates are adviced to take the self-assessment by using the Self-evaluation app available at https://e-rpl.ks.org.mk/ before starting the e-RPL process.
Candidates who will apply for validation of non-formal and informal learning through Recognition of previous knowledge and skills have no financial obligations. The entire process of Recognition of previous knowledge and skills within the project is funded by the Project SEEtheSkills.
- Application requirements
- General Conditions
A person who is at least 18 years of age may be a participant in the validation process.
- Candidates should have completed:
- secondary education, or
- post-secondary education, i.e. a master’s exam with a V-B degree of qualification or
- four years of secondary technical education with a IV degree of qualifications or
- three-year vocational education with a III degree of qualifications;
- (for engineering occupations only) at least VI degree of NQF qualification (graduated engineer from technical faculties with at least 180 ECTS).
- Work experience:
- at least 3 (three) years in the profession or occupation for which is applied for a certificate and possess previous knowledge, skills and competencies in the area
- The process of recognition of previous knowledge and skills
Any candidate who assesses that previous work experience and / or self-study has acquired the required knowledge, skills and competencies for any of the listed occupations (referred to as Learning Outcomes published in Detailed Information and Guidelines for the process of Recognition of Previous Knowledge and Skills) posted on the project website (http://seetheskills.eu/) can apply in this Call.
The section of the e-RPL application where the candidates may declare their competences in selected occupations (for which e-RPL process is currently available) is organised as well guided process, asking to declare the familiarity with the knowledge and skills, defined as a standard amount of competences for a certain level of competence, in the form of defined Knowledge (What should I know?) and Skills (What skill should I have?) for each level of competence. Here the applicant need to upload all the documents that may serve as proves for their skills and competences. This may include diplomas from formal education (secondary school, university etc.), certificates from trainings, document proving work experience, acknowledgements and recognition awards – any written proof that confirms their skills and competences. The process will require patience by the applicant and dedication to try to give as much as possible relevant proofs for their previous knowledge and skills, that may lead to successful evaluation and receiving a certificate on the competences.
- Results / benefits for candidates
- Type of certificate
Upon successful completion of the process of Recognition of previous knowledge and skills, applicants will receive validation of their non-formal and informal learning and will receive a Certificate of knowledge, skills and competences for the specific occupation.
- Validity of certificates:
- Certificates will be issued by the Certification Body within the project SEEtheSkills.
- The certificates will be valid within the Project itself, the results of which have been recognized by the European Commission as a project funded by the Horizon 2020 program. The Certificates will be issued in English language.
- Acquired competences
Certified applicants, after receiving the certificate, will be able to apply for tenders requiring possession of the competences contained in the certificate.
- Application procedure
- Candidates should apply electronicaly by register on the SEEtheSkills Integrated Register platform
- Fill in the ELECTRONIC APPLICATION FORM available at the project website http://eu
Contact persons for electronic application:
Dr. Ivana Sandeva, email@example.com
Dr. Lihnida Stojanovska-Georgievska, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Required documentation:
- All related documentation that proves the competences of the applicant.
- The Call for applications is open until 20 March 2024.